Boston University Dentistry Interview Questions
General Interview Information
The school states that it is looking for the following kind of students:
Students who want to contribute, through creating and applying new knowledge. This means an interet in research. Students who are looking for hands-on experience, keen on practical skills. Students who show compassion and are interested in community outreach. Students who thrive in a cooperative environment and are ready to engage with an enthusiastic faculty. Students who appreciate diverse and dynamic cultures and viewpoints. Students who are academically outstanding with an exceptional work ethic.
Past Interview Questions
Motivation and Insight into Dentistry
- What did you like/dislike about your shadowing experience?
- Why Boston?
- Where else have you applied?
- What does diversity in dentistry mean to you?
- Tell me your dental journey.
- Why dentistry? Why not medicine?
- Convince me why you should be accepted.
- How does your research apply to dentistry?
- Will you do research in dental school?
- What are your career goals?
- What challenges will you face in dental school?
- Talk us through your application.
- Talk us through your personal essay.
- What do you like least about dentistry?
- Do you think you are ready for an education in dentistry after not being in school for almost 2 years?
- What are you looking for in a dental school?
- How would a close friend describe you?
- Do you like Boston?
- What makes you a competitive applicant?
- Why did you shadow so many different specialists?
- Tell me about your experience at undergrad.
- What do you like most about dentistry/what do you like least?
- Can you talk about a volunteer experience you've had?
- What's something you don't like about yourself/would change?
- Tell me about your shadowing.
- What have you been doing since graduation?
- Can you talk about your research experience?
- Tell me more about your shadowing experience.
- Why do you think you would be a good fit at this school?
- Tell me about yourself.
- Tell me about your university.
- Talk about your shadowing and volunteering experience.
- Describe yourself in three words.
- Talk about your research experience.
- Is there anything that you'd want me to tell the admissions committee that isn't in this application?
- Describe your research in layman's terms.
- Why did you choose your major?
- What's your plan in the future?
- What is your opinion on adverts for teeth whitening?
US Dental School Interview Questions
Dentistry Interview Questions & Example Answers
100+ Dentistry Interview Questions
Why Dentistry And Not Medicine: 10 Key Reasons
Dental School Interviews Manual Dexterity: The Complete Guide
30 Dentistry Manual Dexterity Interview Tasks
Dentistry Interviews Ethical Scenarios: Tips, Techniques & Examples
How To Prepare For A Dental School Interview
Online Dentistry Interviews - Common Pitfalls & How To Avoid Them
Dentistry MMI Interviews: The Complete Guide