Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center Dentistry Interview Questions
General Interview Information
Columbia states that it seeks candidates who will add to the collaborative nature of the student body, contribute to the school and community through outreach and volunteering, and leave a positive and lasting mark with their innovative and creative contributions.
Factors that contribute to your score include academic achievement and rigor, DAT scores, experience with higher level sciences, leadership, and community service, along with personal qualities such as integrity and a passion for healthcare. You must show a combination of cognitive and non-cognitive strengths.
There are no minimum GPA or DAT score requirements, although the average GPA of the class entering in 2018 was 3.7 and the mean DAT score was 23.4.
Past Interview Questions
Motivation and Insight into Dentistry
- How do you deal with stress?
- What was your favorite course at undergrad?
- What's your favorite class that you've taken?
- What other career paths have you considered?
- Tell me about your research.
- Tell us about your work experience.
- Have you ever considered the armed forces as means to fund your education?
- How do you expect to pay for dental school?
- How is your admissions process going?
- What other schools did you apply to?
- What other career paths did you explore?
- Do you have any lab research experience?
- Tell me how you became interested in dentistry.
- Why did you retake the DATs?
- What makes you stand out from other applicants?
- Which branch of dentistry excites you?
- Columbia is your top choice, right?
- Have you considered the financial aspect of dental school?
- How do you feel about cosmetic dentistry?
- Your science GPA and DAT scores are very high. So, what do you want me to ask?
- Why dentistry?
- Why Columbia?
- What would you do if you couldn't get into dental school?
- Do you have any questions about what Dr. Davis talked about during Orientation?
- What sparked your interest in dentistry?
- Everyone has a role in each class. one could be a class clown, another can be the class president. What role do you think you will fill?
- How did you study for the DAT?
- Do you plan to specialize?
- Why not medicine?
- What have you done to ensure you can handle the course load?
- Is Columbia your first choice?
- Why do we know you are 100% set on dentistry?
- How was your first year at your undergrad institution?
- So you went to these schools? Tell me about them.
- What should I tell the admissions committee?
- Tell me about your extracurricular activities that relate to manual dexterity.
US Dental School Interview Questions
Dentistry Interview Questions & Example Answers
100+ Dentistry Interview Questions
Why Dentistry And Not Medicine: 10 Key Reasons
Dental School Interviews Manual Dexterity: The Complete Guide
30 Dentistry Manual Dexterity Interview Tasks
Dentistry Interviews Ethical Scenarios: Tips, Techniques & Examples
How To Prepare For A Dental School Interview
Online Dentistry Interviews - Common Pitfalls & How To Avoid Them
Dentistry MMI Interviews: The Complete Guide