Sentry Page Protection
Prioritisation Task 14
You are going on a bike ride in the mountains but your bike can only carry 5 of the 15 items listed below, Which 5 items would you take?
- Large handkerchief
- Cereal bar
- Portable armchair
- Tube of paint
- Hand sanitising gel
- Small first aid kit
- Fishing rods
- Head mounted camera
- Pocket mirror
- Bottle of water
- Extra pair of socks
- Small knife
- Box of matches
Excellent Candidate Response
‘BlackStone Tutors 5 Step Approach to Prioritisation Tasks’
- Review the options available
- Identify your 5 preferred items/the ideal order to complete the tasks
- Explain why you have chosen these options/this order (making your explanations as specific as possible to the task, eg. Why some tasks are ranked highly)
- Explain why you did not choose the other options/why they are ranked lower
- Possible further mentions:
Alternatively, if the task were based in ………….I would prioritise taking……….
The Items which I would take with me are a large handkerchief, hand sanitising gel, a small first aid kit, a head mounted camera and a bottle of water
- I would take a large handkerchief with me due to its multipurpose use. On a warm day, it could be used to wipe away any excess perspiration, or in the event of any injuries, it can be used to apply pressure, alongside the first aid kit contents.
- I would also take a bottle of hand sanitising gel in order to quickly and effortlessly clean my hands if I need to.
- I would also take a head mounted camera in order to capture the action of my bike ride, allowing me to 'relive it' at a later date, should I wish to.
- Additionally, I would take a bottle of water to keep me hydrated during my bike ride. The empty bottle could thereafter be refilled should I come across a suitably clean water source.
- If additional items were permitted, I would also take a cereal bar due to the nutritious benefit during the likely intensive bike ride.