Sentry Page Protection
Prioritisation Task 6
You are planning a trip to a tropical rainforest with your family. You can take only 5 items with you. Which 5 items from the following 15 items would you choose to take with you?
1. Mosquito repellent
2. Pair of shorts
3. Pair of long trousers
4. Table mat
5. Colour pencils
6. Note book
8. Waterproof jacket
11. Pair of sandals
12. Hand fan
Excellent Candidate Response
‘BlackStone Tutors 5 Step Approach to Prioritisation Tasks’
- Review the options available
- Identify your 5 preferred items/the ideal order to complete the tasks
- Explain why you have chosen these options/this order (making your explanations as specific as possible to the task, eg. Why some tasks are ranked highly)
- Explain why you did not choose the other options/why they are ranked lower
- Possible further mentions:
Alternatively, if the task were based in ………….I would prioritise taking……….
I would choose to take mosquito repellent, a pair of long trousers, shoes, sunscreen and a waterproof jacket.
- The mosquito repellent would be my first choice from the list because tropical rainforests are usually teeming with mosquitoes throughout the year and taking the repellent would mean that I can protect my families’ heath whilst on our journey by reducing the number of mosquito bites as well as protecting ourselves from any harmful diseases that the mosquitoes may be carrying.
- I would also take the sunscreen which would be useful especially on boat tours and while walking near open spaces such as the banks of rivers in the rainforest.
- A pair of long trousers and shoes would be essential in a rainforest to protect my feet from the wet terrain as well as to create a barrier that will keep potentially harmful parasites away.
- Additionally, the waterproof jacket would also be useful as tropical rainforests can be very wet places and I would want to stay dry at all times, to minimise temperature fluctuations.
- I would have taken the pair of shorts and sandals if I could have chosen more items, because even though rainforests can be wet, they are generally warm enough for shorts and sandals.
- The hand fan would also have been useful, although I believe that it would be possible to utilise leaves and tree elements within the rainforest to create a suitable alternative.
- I didn’t choose the pen because it might get wet in the rainforest, thus reducing it’s functioning.