Sentry Page Protection
Prioritisation Task 7
You suddenly get to know that it’s your friend’s birthday today and decide to throw them a mini surprise party. You stop at the shop however you only have enough money for 5 items; which 5 items from the following 15 items would you choose to take with you?
- Ice cream
- Birthday cake
- Craft paper
- Birthday candles
- A carving knife
- Party hats
- Sea queens
- A bowl of pudding
- Glitter glue
- Soft drinks
- Instant noodles
- Origami cranes
Excellent Candidate Response
‘BlackStone Tutors 5 Step Approach to Prioritisation Tasks’
- Review the options available
- Identify your 5 preferred items/the ideal order to complete the tasks
- Explain why you have chosen these options/this order (making your explanations as specific as possible to the task, eg. Why some tasks are ranked highly)
- Explain why you did not choose the other options/why they are ranked lower
- Possible further mentions:
Alternatively, if the task were based in ………….I would prioritise taking……….
I would choose to buy a birthday cake, birthday candles, knife, party hats and soft drinks.
- I would initially choose to buy a birthday cake and birthday candles because these are essential items for any birthday party.
- The knife would also be essential when it comes to cutting the cake' I would not choose the carving knife because that would not be suitable to cut cake with.
- Party hats would add a fun atmosphere to the party so I would choose to buy them as well even though they aren’t essential for a surprise birthday party.
- The soft drinks would be important to ensure that everyone is adequately hydrated.
- The craft paper, glitter glue and sea queens would have been useful if there was time to make some party decorations, but due to the sudden nature of this party it would likely be less useful.
- Bunting and origami cranes would have been ideal quick decorations and I would have chosen these if I could have picked more items.
- Ice cream, candy and a bowl of pudding would have been ideal for the party if there had been some complimentary savory items as well, to provide dietary balance. However, the birthday cake is likely to be sufficient as a ‘sweet choice’.