Sentry Page Protection
Prioritisation Task 9
Unfortunately, your grandmother has come down with the flu and you have arranged to visit her. Out of the following 15 items, which 5 items would you choose to take with you?
- A map book
- Ice cream
- A storybook
- Air freshener
- Formal clothing
- Colour pencils
- Bouquet of flowers
Excellent Candidate Response
‘BlackStone Tutors 5 Step Approach to Prioritisation Tasks’
- Review the options available
- Identify your 5 preferred items/the ideal order to complete the tasks
- Explain why you have chosen these options/this order (making your explanations as specific as possible to the task, eg. Why some tasks are ranked highly)
- Explain why you did not choose the other options/why they are ranked lower
- Possible further mentions:
Alternatively, if the task were based in ………….I would prioritise taking……….
I would choose to take flowers, a blanket, soup, fruits and chocolates
- I would take the flowers as they are often a source of hope and happiness, refreshing pleasant past memories for many people, and I hope that this would be similarly uplifting for my grandmother.
- The blanket may be beneficial for my grandmother in case she is feeling cold given the possible rigors associated with flu and would also act as an alternative clean blanket, should this not be required in the short term.
- The soup and fruits would be for her to eat in order to get better and overcome the flu, given that these are generally nutritious and relatively easy to eat.
- The chocolates would also be a gift for her that would equally act as an incentive for her to get ‘well soon’ so that she has the appetite to eat the chocolates. Additionally, in the short term, the sugar and cocoa in the chocolate may represent a valuable energy source.
- Had this been a younger relative, I would consider taking the storybook because I could read it to them, although my grandmother may find this rather patronising.
- I would avoid taking the air freshener as not only may this cause offence, this may also further irritate her airways unnecessarily. The map would also be of limited benefit given that it is unlikely my grandma would be travelling on any expeditions whilst unwell.