Dental College of Georgia at Augusta University Dentistry Interview Questions
General Interview Information
Georgia’s Dental College states that they look at your healthcare and research experience, your previous leadership experience, your dedication to community service and relevant programs, your commitment to practice in Georgia or health shortage areas, along with family responsibilities that you may have held or any national recognition you may have attained. The interview is designed to assess your personality, motivation and ability, to ensure that you can successfully study dentistry.
Past Interview Questions
Motivation and Insight into Dentistry
- Tell me about yourself.
- Why do you want to be a dentist?
- What brings you to dentistry?
- What qualities would you bring to the dental class?
- What are the five words that describe you?
- Would you consider a teaching role after graduation?
- How do you cope with stress?
- What do you think is a negative aspect of becoming a dentist?
- How will you contribute to this school?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- What was your hardest class to date and why?
- What are you doing in your year off?
- What most interested you during your shadowing experience?
- What was the most memorable moment of the DAT?
- Why our school?
- What can I tell the committee about you?
- Do you want to specialize?
- Where else have you applied?
- What are your three greatest accomplishments?
- What is not on your application that you want the admissions committee to know about?
- What attracts you to the field of dentistry?
- Do your DAT scores accurately reflect your candidacy?
- Why not medical school?
- What is your shadowing experience like?
- What characteristics should a dentist have?
- Why dentistry?
- What differentiates you from other well qualified applicants?
- How did you decide on dentistry?
- How did you get interested in dentistry?
- What intimidates you the most about dental school?
- What are your plans after dental school?
- Tell me about your research, leadership and volunteer experiences.
- Where do you want to practice?
- What would you do if you observed one of your classmates cheating?
- Tell me about a time in your life where you had to show empathy.
- What qualities do you look for in a friend?
- Define integrity.
- If you were a dentist, how would you handle patients who need dental care, but can not afford it?
- What does it mean to be a leader?
- What are the qualities of a leader?
- If you had to explain the internet to a 5-year-old without showing them how would you?
US Dental School Interview Questions
Dentistry Interview Questions & Example Answers
100+ Dentistry Interview Questions
Why Dentistry And Not Medicine: 10 Key Reasons
Dental School Interviews Manual Dexterity: The Complete Guide
30 Dentistry Manual Dexterity Interview Tasks
Dentistry Interviews Ethical Scenarios: Tips, Techniques & Examples
How To Prepare For A Dental School Interview
Online Dentistry Interviews - Common Pitfalls & How To Avoid Them
Dentistry MMI Interviews: The Complete Guide