Dental School Interview Questions: University of British Columbia Dental School
The school will invite applicants to interview based on DAT, references, and any relevant cognitive or global parameters from their application. Those that are invited to interview will be considered for admission based on a total review of their application and interview performance. The interview consists of both an MMI and an SGI (small group interview). You should expect to be interviewed by general dental practitioners and faculty members. The interviewers are not aware of the contents of any applicant’s file.
The curriculum is ‘inquiry based,’ and incorporates hybrid problem-based learning, case-based and other blended learning activities, alongside more traditional formats (lectures and tutorials). Self-directed learning is heavily emphasised.
Past Interview Questions
Motivation and Insight into Dentistry
- Tell me about what got you interested in dentistry.
- Are you a good self directed learner?
- What is your learning style?
- Tell me about your experience of learning in groups.
- Tell me about your experience of problem based or case based learning.
- What appeals to you about our school?
- What doesn’t appeal to you about our school?
- What is the one thing that you find most interesting about dentistry?
- How can you show to us that you will be able to handle the workload here?
- Tell me about an academic project that you took on outside of your core classes.
- What have you found most interesting during your studies at college?
- Why not a doctor?
- Why not a researcher or scientist?
- Why our school?
- What was the most surprising part of your work experience?
- How will you change your learning style from your undergrad to studying here?
- What will you bring to the school beyond academics and professionalism?
- What shadowing have you done?
- What volunteering work have you done?
- Tell us about your research.
- Are you interested in continuing research?
- We offer a range of summer programs for clinical exposure, volunteering and research. Which would you be interested in?
- Are you a leader or a team-player?
- How will you lead a group learning activity?
- Tell us about a time that you led a team to success.
- Tell me about a time that your team failed, and what you learnt.
- What would you tell an angry patient?
- How do communication skills help dentists?
- How have you worked to improve your communication skills?
US Dental School Interview Questions
Dentistry Interview Questions & Example Answers
100+ Dentistry Interview Questions
Why Dentistry And Not Medicine: 10 Key Reasons
Dental School Interviews Manual Dexterity: The Complete Guide
30 Dentistry Manual Dexterity Interview Tasks
Dentistry Interviews Ethical Scenarios: Tips, Techniques & Examples
How To Prepare For A Dental School Interview
Online Dentistry Interviews - Common Pitfalls & How To Avoid Them
Dentistry MMI Interviews: The Complete Guide