Dental School Interview Questions: University of Manitoba Dental School
Manitoba interviews all eligible applicants using a single panel non structured format. The interview will last for up to 45 minutes. Average DAT scores to achieve an interview were 18.75 in 2020 and 18.5 in 2018. Out of province applicants must have scored at least 22.5 in 2020 or 22 in 2018 to receive an interview. Manitoba breaks the core technical standards down into five areas: observation and perception, communication, motor and tactile function, cognition, and emotional functioning. You must also be able to demonstrate professionalism.
Past Interview Questions
Motivation and Insight into Dentistry
- How can you demonstrate that you have the resilience required for dentistry?
- Dentistry is mentally demanding. Have you worked hard so far in your academic life?
- How can you prove that you can adapt to changing environments?
- How do you fare when faced with uncertainty?
- How do you organise yourself?
- Tell us about a time you had to analyse complex information.
- Tell us about a time that your problem-solving abilities were tested.
- What learning style do you have?
- How can you adapt your learning style?
- Do you learn well in groups or individually?
- Tell us about your shadowing experience so far.
- Where do you want to go in your career?
- Will you practice in Manitoba or nearby?
- Tell us about your college experience.
- What was the hardest thing you had to do at college?
- How do you maintain good timekeeping?
- What is professionalism?
- Why do you want to be a dentist?
- Why do you want to study here?
- Why do you want to be a dentist rather than a doctor?
- Have you developed caring relationships with other people in your life?
- How do you communicate with other members of your team when you’re learning in college?
- How have you developed your ability to quickly summarise information?
- How have you developed your ability to present information to others?
- How can you use your communication skills to get information?
- Why is listening an important part of communication?
Manual Dexterity Stations
- How do you demonstrate manual dexterity?
- What hobbies do you have that show manual dexterity?
- How can you improve your manual dexterity?
- Why is fine motor function important for a dentist?
- Do you play an instrument or create art?
US Dental School Interview Questions
Dentistry Interview Questions & Example Answers
100+ Dentistry Interview Questions
Why Dentistry And Not Medicine: 10 Key Reasons
Dental School Interviews Manual Dexterity: The Complete Guide
30 Dentistry Manual Dexterity Interview Tasks
Dentistry Interviews Ethical Scenarios: Tips, Techniques & Examples
How To Prepare For A Dental School Interview
Online Dentistry Interviews - Common Pitfalls & How To Avoid Them
Dentistry MMI Interviews: The Complete Guide