McGill University Dentistry Interview Questions
General Interview Information
McGill focuses on ensuring that their graduates possess sound judgement, backed by scientific evidence and a strong sense of social justice. They push their students to develop a high level of technical ability, with a substantial portion of work done in simulation labs and clinical settings. Upon graduation you are expected to be socially aware, culturally sensitive and community-oriented. This means that for your interview you should strengthen your understanding of ethics, professionalism, and the impact of culture and diversity on dentistry.
Past Interview Questions
Motivation and Insight into Dentistry
- Tell me about yourself.
- Tell me about your volunteer experience.
- Dentistry is stressful. Tell me about a time that you had to deal with stress.
- Why chose you out of so many other qualified candidates?
- Why do you want to study at McGill so much?
- Why dentistry?
- Did you apply to medical school?
- Why would you also be applying to dentistry if you applied to medicine?
- Where else have you applied?
- Where do you see yourself in 10 years from now?
- Why is McGill your top choice?
- Tell us about your research.
- Why not work in research rather than become a dentist?
- Do you know any dentists close to you (such as in your family).
- Have you applied to medicine as well as dentistry?
- What will you do if you fail to be accepted onto a dentistry course this year?
- What will you do if you are never accepted onto a dentistry course?
- What other courses are you thinking about applying to?
- Why are you applying to study dentistry now?
- What is it about dentistry that you particularly enjoy?
- What is your experience so far with dentistry?
- What community service have you done?
- Have you had any experience in a dentist's office?
- How do you feel working in someone's mouth?
- Do you realize how demanding a workload dentistry school is? Why do you think you can handle it?
- Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
- How do you feel working with your hands so much?
- Another dental student comes into the clinic and is about to practice on a patient. You suspect they have been drinking. What do you do?
- You're in the middle of a procedure and your patient starts making inappropriate comments that are making you uncomfortable. What do you do?
- An employee is not working as well as you'd like. What do you do?
- Your CV mentions that you volunteered at a correctional institution. Why would you want to help social derelicts and not the elderly, for example?
- Suppose you are a dentist and a patient comes to you. You realise that their previous dentist has done a dreadful, borderline dangerous job on their teeth. What will you do?
US Dental School Interview Questions
Dentistry Interview Questions & Example Answers
100+ Dentistry Interview Questions
Why Dentistry And Not Medicine: 10 Key Reasons
Dental School Interviews Manual Dexterity: The Complete Guide
30 Dentistry Manual Dexterity Interview Tasks
Dentistry Interviews Ethical Scenarios: Tips, Techniques & Examples
How To Prepare For A Dental School Interview
Online Dentistry Interviews - Common Pitfalls & How To Avoid Them
Dentistry MMI Interviews: The Complete Guide