Medical University of South Carolina Dentistry Interview Questions
General Interview Information
The school states that selection is based on the ‘applicant's total attributes, accomplishments, potential for growth in the field of dental medicine, adaptability, purpose in life, and ability to establish and maintain healthy interpersonal relationships as evaluated through academic performance (especially in science courses), test scores, interviews, and recommendation letters.’ You should be ready to show in great depth your motivation for the profession and thoughts on your future within it.
Past Interview Questions
Motivation and Insight into Dentistry
- How would you improve healthcare in the US?
- What is the biggest issue in dentistry now?
- Where do you see yourself in ten years?
- Tell me about your strengths and weaknesses and how they might affect you becoming a dentist.
- Why should we pick you to become a dentist?
- What do you think an average day or week is like for a student dentist?
- What has been your most significant achievement to date?
- Tell us in detail about the research that you have performed so far.
- Do you have experience in hospitals? If so, how come you are not drawn to medicine?
- Have you considered other options besides dentistry?
- What are some of the issues that will face the dental profession in the future?
- How do you know that you really want to go into dentistry?
- Why do you want to come to MUSC and why do you think you would be a good fit?
- Where else are you applying?
- What dental related service opportunities have you participated in?
- What will you do if you aren’t accepted to study dentistry?
- Have you done any community service?
- What characteristics should a good dentist have? How do you demonstrate these characteristics?
- Tell me about your shadowing experience.
- What is the single most important thing you have learnt from your shadowing experiences?
- What specific qualities do you possess that will make you a good dentist?
- Why dentistry?
- Tell me about your strengths and weaknesses, related to dentistry.
- What leadership positions have you held?
- Have you been to the dental school before?
- What is the biggest issue in dentistry?
- Where do you intend on practising?
- What is your individual motivation for dentistry?
- Do you know anyone that studies here?
- Tell me about your research.
- What have you done that shows your interest in dentistry?
- What are your plans for the immediate future?
- What will you do if you don't get accepted this year?
- Have you seen any difficult patients while shadowing?
- Have you taken biochemistry?
- What will you do if you’re never accepted to study dentistry?
- Did you ever consider other fields?
- Why do you want to be a dentist and what have you done to make sure you are certain of that decision?
- How have you improved your manual dexterity?
- Do you participate in anything that would improve your manual dexterity?
- What skills do you have that show manual dexterity?
- How are you going to handle the stress of not doing well with the manual dexterity part of dentistry when you begin?
- Discuss a problem you have encountered in a group setting and how it was resolved.
US Dental School Interview Questions
Dentistry Interview Questions & Example Answers
100+ Dentistry Interview Questions
Why Dentistry And Not Medicine: 10 Key Reasons
Dental School Interviews Manual Dexterity: The Complete Guide
30 Dentistry Manual Dexterity Interview Tasks
Dentistry Interviews Ethical Scenarios: Tips, Techniques & Examples
How To Prepare For A Dental School Interview
Online Dentistry Interviews - Common Pitfalls & How To Avoid Them
Dentistry MMI Interviews: The Complete Guide