Sentry Page Protection
Motivation & Insight into Medicine 4
Why should we offer you a place over other candidates?
Average Candidate Response
- ‘Many other students don’t have as strong an academic background as myself, which means that I may be able to cope with complex mechanisms with more ease’
- ‘I work very hard in school, where lots of teenagers my age are out at partying – this means that I am more dedicated to being a doctor’
- ‘I have attended an open day, and feel that this is the right medical school for me – I would be a great addition to the university’
Excellent Candidate Response
- I can’t speak for other students as I haven’t seen their applications, however I feel that I have a skillset that will stand me in good stead for a career in medicine. I am hardworking and self-motivated, which I feel will help me as a student as well as in the future as a doctor.
- From my work experience, I understand that a career in medicine is very stressful, but I feel that my non-academic interests such as the sports teams I am part of, provide welcome stress relief
- I understand that although academics are very important in a career in medicine, I feel that I am a well-rounded student. I am part of my local football team and have represented my county in regional tournaments. Through this I have developed skills such as teamwork that I am able to transfer to a career in medicine. As well as the skills and qualities needed to be a doctor, I feel that I am able to contribute positively to student life.