Sentry Page Protection
Motivation & Insight into Medicine 6
What do you do in your spare time?
Average Candidate Response
- I enjoy playing tennis socially and also play a number of console games. I also enjoy reading and playing the piano.
Excellent Candidate Response
- I currently do a wide range of sports, voluntary work and exam preparation throughout the year as I feel that it is important to have a firm balance between work and extra-curricular activities
- I enjoy representing my school in netball and hockey teams and as captain of the badminton team, it is my duty to organise and pick teams and pairings for matches, which has strengthened my decision making skills, an important quality as a doctor
- I volunteer at an elderly nursing home, where I can see the similarities in patient care with what I had witnessed during my work experience at a GP surgery and hospital setting, with all environments requiring a holistic approach, in the way that patients are treated for their psychological and social aspects as well as their physical problems
- Within school, I volunteer in assisting younger years’ mathematics classes during my free periods, helping less able pupils which often requires a lot of patience and determination.
- Finally, throughout the year, I find it important to continuously consolidate my notes, ensuring that I have a thorough understanding of all topics, that way during exam time it is less stressful as I can implement what I have already learnt