Sentry Page Protection
Role Play Scenario 10
Mrs Jones has come to see her GP about her cough. The GP has assessed her and concluded that it has been caused by a virus which will likely self-resolve without antibiotics. Despite this, Mrs Jones is adamant that she would like antibiotics; the GP has asked you to see Mrs Jones to discuss her request further.
Average Candidate Approach
- Rushing straight into the matter, rather than starting with open questions and developing rapport
- Not providing Mrs Jones with adequate opportunity to express her ideas and expectations.
- A lack of empathy shown through verbal and non-verbal communication.
- Failing to address additional issues. Candidates not asking about any additional concerns will not establish that Mrs Jones' young son was recently hospitalised following a 'viral infection' and only improved with intravenous antibiotics.
Excellent Candidate Approach
- Open Questions
- Develop Rapport
- Address the issues known
- Identify any additional issues
- Summary and plan going forward