Oregon Health & Science University Dentistry Interview Questions
General Interview Information
Students are chosen primarily on their academic ability. You must show a demonstrated interest in, and knowledge of, the dental profession. You are also expected to show a history of leadership, active community service, and strong experience in the dental field. You should have the ability to discuss your extracurriculars and research experience in detail.
Past Interview Questions
Motivation and Insight into Dentistry
- Why dentistry?
- Talk about your research.
- What are you afraid of in dental school?
- Tell me about your shadowing experiences.
- How would you deal with a patient with no insurance?
- What do you know about teeth?
- If you could not be a dentist, what would you be?
- What do you know about different dental practices?
- What about your dentist you worked for did you like or dislike?
- What was the neatest dental procedure you saw?
- What are three important characteristics of a good dentist?
- What are the attributes that you would like to have as a dentist?
- Tell me about yourself.
- Do you want to go into private practice when you are done with school?
- How did you study for the DAT?
- What dental procedure do you like the most?
- What makes you think you'd be a good dentist?
- Tell me about current problems in dentistry.
- What are your plans if you don't get accepted this year?
- Are there any other people in your family who are either dentists or work in related fields of health care?
- How did you go about doing your research?
- Tell me about your most challenging life experience.
- What do you think of the current state of HMOs?
- What is one thing you will not be good at in dentistry?
- What interested you in dentistry?
- What are 3 characteristics you feel are important for a good dentist to have?
- Why dentistry at OHSU?
- What academic challenge have you faced?
- What type of setting and in what scope of practice do you want to practice in?
- What inspired you to pursue dentistry?
- Where do you see dentistry going?
- What volunteer experience do you have?
- Given your success in academics thus far, what will you find challenging in dentistry school?
- What do you know about implants?
- What will you do if you don’t get into dental school?
- Where do you see yourself in five years?
- Why do you think you have good manual dexterity skills?
- What manual dexterity skills have you demonstrated?
- What have you done to demonstrate your manual dexterity, aside from what you talked about on your application?
- What does integrity mean to you?
- If you knew someone was cheating, how would you handle the situation?
- What does professionalism mean to you?
- What do you see as being the most important ethical obligation(s) facing dentists today?
- How would you go about providing services to people with no insurance or health care in your practice?
- What would you do if a patient wanted a treatment that you did not recommend?
US Dental School Interview Questions
Dentistry Interview Questions & Example Answers
100+ Dentistry Interview Questions
Why Dentistry And Not Medicine: 10 Key Reasons
Dental School Interviews Manual Dexterity: The Complete Guide
30 Dentistry Manual Dexterity Interview Tasks
Dentistry Interviews Ethical Scenarios: Tips, Techniques & Examples
How To Prepare For A Dental School Interview
Online Dentistry Interviews - Common Pitfalls & How To Avoid Them
Dentistry MMI Interviews: The Complete Guide