Sentry Page Protection
Role Play Scenario 6
Mrs Jones has come to see her GP about her cough. The GP has assessed her and concluded that it has been caused by a virus which will likely self-resolve without antibiotics. Despite this, Mrs Jones is adamant that she would like antibiotics; the GP has asked you to see Mrs Jones to discuss her request further.
Average Candidate Approach
- Rushing straight into the matter, rather than starting with open questions and developing rapport
- Not providing Mrs Jones with adequate opportunity to express her ideas and expectations.
- A lack of empathy shown through verbal and non-verbal communication.
- Failing to address additional issues. Candidates not asking about any additional concerns will not establish that Mrs Jones' young son was recently hospitalised following a 'viral infection' and only improved with intravenous antibiotics.
Excellent Candidate Approach
- Open Questions
- Develop Rapport
- Address the issues known
- Identify any additional issues
- Summary and plan going forward