University of Alabama at Birmingham Dentistry Interview Questions
General Interview Information
UAB considers your overall academic record, notably where yo went to school, the courses you took, how many courses you took per term, and how well you did. They additionally look for an average GPA of at least 20 for perceptual and 21 for academic, as well as considering your letters of evaluation, your essay, your interview, extracurricular activities, knowledge of dentistry as a career, and work history.
Past Interview Questions
Motivation and Insight into Dentistry
- Have you started any organisations at your school? If so, how are they relevant to Dentistry?
- Begin by telling us about yourself.
- What is one thing about you that sets you apart or gives you an advantage in comparison to other applicants?
- Do you want to specialize?
- Tell us about yourself. Why dentistry?
- How did you score so well on the DAT?
- What are your plans for the next five years?
- What do you think about your DAT test?
- What do you think will be the hardest thing about being a dentist?
- Where do you see yourself in ten years?
- Elaborate on your hobbies. How might they help you as a dentist?
- Why did you choose dentistry?
- How did you prepare for the DAT?
- Why would someone want to be a dentist?
- What factors would make you choose our school to study Dentistry at?
- What do you think about recent attempts to reform healthcare in the US?
- What will you bring to the class here?
- Tell us in detail about your shadowing hours, and how you secured them.
- Do you think you can take a leadership role in the future?
- What do you think will be the hardest thing for you in dental school?
- Who have you shadowed?
- Do you think your DAT score represents your abilities?
- We see that you have worked as _____ during your work experience? How was it? Tell us about it.
- What makes you stand out from other applicants?
- Does your GPA show that you are suitable for Dentistry?
- What’s the hardest thing about being a dentist?
- If not dentistry, what else will you do?
- Tell us about the university or universities you’ve attended so far and how they’ve prepared you to study dentistry.
- Dental school is a stressful environment.....what do you do to relieve stress and how will you cope with stress in dental school?
- Why did you score lower on this particular section of the DAT?
- What will be the hardest aspect of dental school for you?
- Why do you really want to be a dentist?
- Do you play a musical instrument?
Teamwork Tasks or Stations
- Have you ever led a group in a time of crisis? Tell me about it.
US Dental School Interview Questions
Dentistry Interview Questions & Example Answers
100+ Dentistry Interview Questions
Why Dentistry And Not Medicine: 10 Key Reasons
Dental School Interviews Manual Dexterity: The Complete Guide
30 Dentistry Manual Dexterity Interview Tasks
Dentistry Interviews Ethical Scenarios: Tips, Techniques & Examples
How To Prepare For A Dental School Interview
Online Dentistry Interviews - Common Pitfalls & How To Avoid Them
Dentistry MMI Interviews: The Complete Guide