University of Colorado Denver Dentistry Interview Questions
General Interview Information
Alongside strong academics, applicants must demonstrate their interest in dentistry through completing dental related activities, including shadowing of a dentist in a patient-care setting. 50 hours of dental shadowing is required. Applicants without this minimum number of hours will not be reviewed or considered for interview. Extra curricular activities are vital to your application, and should include academic enrichment programs, athletics, clubs and organisations, research,volunteering and work experience.
Past Interview Questions
Motivation and Insight into Dentistry
- What is an issue facing dentistry?
- How many schools did you apply to?
- How do you plan to provide service to others as a dentist?
- If you decided not to do dentistry, what would you do?
- How does dentistry fit into an individual’s overall health?
- Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?
- If your clone came in (DAT, GPA, etc.) why should we choose you?
- How will you deal with the stress of dental school?
- Why are you interested in dentistry?
- How will your music background apply to dentistry?
- Please explain your worst semester academically.
- What do you do besides dentistry?
- What do you think we should look for in a dental student?
- I noticed that you've taken a lot of music classes. How do you think you could combine your passion for music and dentistry?
- What will be the hardest part of dental school for you?
- Tell me about yourself.
- What is one challenge you think you will face entering dental school?
- How did you study for the DAT?
- Tell me about your community work experience.
- What is your plan for after you graduate undergrad?
- If you were to have it perfectly as you wish, describe your life in 10 years.
- How are you going to pay for dental school?
- What do you think is a challenge facing the dental industry right now?
- What is unique about you that will benefit you as a dentist?
- Why do you think dentistry is a balance between work and family?
- Tell me all the Dental Schools you applied to.
- Tell us about you and your dental experience.
- Why Colorado?
- If you could do anything (as a career, but one that is non-academic, so not dentistry), what would it be and why?
- List your strengths and weaknesses.
- How will your athletic involvement help you with a career in dentistry?
- What are some of your strengths and weaknesses?
- What are your future goals, besides getting into dental school and owning your own practice?
- Please explain your busiest semester.
- A student is cheating, what do you do?
- You caused a complication during a restorative procedure. What do you tell the patient?
- Will you override a treatment plan proposed by your senior attending if you felt that your treatment plan was more correct?
- How would you react if you were failed by a professor on something you spent a great amount of time and effort on?
- Tell me about your leadership qualities.
- What do you do or what could I do as a teacher to build your confidence?
US Dental School Interview Questions
Dentistry Interview Questions & Example Answers
100+ Dentistry Interview Questions
Why Dentistry And Not Medicine: 10 Key Reasons
Dental School Interviews Manual Dexterity: The Complete Guide
30 Dentistry Manual Dexterity Interview Tasks
Dentistry Interviews Ethical Scenarios: Tips, Techniques & Examples
How To Prepare For A Dental School Interview
Online Dentistry Interviews - Common Pitfalls & How To Avoid Them
Dentistry MMI Interviews: The Complete Guide