University of Minnesota Dentistry Interview Questions
General Interview Information
The University of Minnesota provides the following tips for those considering applying.
Firstly, you should have started preparing in High School with STEM courses and AP courses. Gain real world experience through observation of patient care and procedures in dental offices, labs and clinics. You should have at least 100 hours of shadowing in multiple clinics. Have a range of volunteer experiences over a length of time, showing care in the community. Show that you have leadership and organisational skills, and the ability to work with a variety of people. You should also look into pursuing research experience. Try to take diverse courses at undergrad.
Past Interview Questions
Motivation and Insight into Dentistry
- Tell us about a time when you came up with a solution for something.
- Tell us about an impactful volunteering experience. Why was it impactful?
- Name a time you had a crisis and how did you resolve it/deal with it?
- Tell me about a time when you failed to meet a deadline.
- What is the greatest challenge you have faced in your life?
- Why didn’t you do more shadowing?
- Tell us about a time when you helped an underserved community.
- What are your long term goals with dentistry?
- If you suddenly had a huge project assigned, how would you handle it?
- Do you want us to tell anything to the admission committee?
- What are your career goals?
- Tell me about a time you did more than what was asked of you.
- Tell us about your biggest failure.
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- Why the University of Minnesota?
- Where do you see yourself in ten years?
- Tell me about a time where you had to solve a problem with a creative solution.
- Tell us about yourself.
- What is the biggest appeal of dentistry on the scientific side?
- How do you respond to stress and how will you cope with the school and balance your personal life?
- Did you ever make a promise and break it?
- Tell us about a time when you made a mistake.
- Tell us about a time when you saw someone who was being mistreated.
- What was the last time you apologized to someone?
- Name a time you tried helping somewhat but they were dissatisfied with your work/response. How did you handle it?
- Describe a situation when you displayed empathy.
- Tell me a time you failed and how it affected others.
- Tell us about a time when you held a leadership position.
- Tell me about a time when you had to work with a group of people different than you.
- Tell us about a time when you had to step up between two parties to resolve a problem.
- How have you found working on a team before?
- Tell us about a time where you had to work with people from a very different background than you, and what you learnt from the experience.
- Tell us about a time that you had to deal with a difficult person.
US Dental School Interview Questions
Dentistry Interview Questions & Example Answers
100+ Dentistry Interview Questions
Why Dentistry And Not Medicine: 10 Key Reasons
Dental School Interviews Manual Dexterity: The Complete Guide
30 Dentistry Manual Dexterity Interview Tasks
Dentistry Interviews Ethical Scenarios: Tips, Techniques & Examples
How To Prepare For A Dental School Interview
Online Dentistry Interviews - Common Pitfalls & How To Avoid Them
Dentistry MMI Interviews: The Complete Guide