University of Mississippi Dentistry Interview Questions
General Interview Information
Mississippi breaks down their criteria into cognitive and non-cognitive components as follows.
Cognitive components consist of the overall GPA, the science GPA, overall DAT, and the overall science DAT. Non-cognitive components include honesty/integrity, ethics/values, respect for others, critical thinking, communication skills, altruism, motivation for dentistry, accountability, support system, maturity, excellence, vision of practice, participation in Health Careers program, leadership, self-appraisal, research and, finally, overall performance at interview.
Past Interview Questions
Motivation and Insight into Dentistry
- Why do you want to study dentistry?
- Why are you switching from what you are doing now to Dentistry? Or was it always the goal?
- Why did you do so well / not do so well in biochemistry?
- What would you do to implement dental education throughout an entire community?
- Why are you interested in being a dentist?
- How did you prepare for the DAT?
- What is one of your biggest weaknesses and is it an issue for Dentistry?
- What are your long term goals as related to Dentistry?
- What have you done to ensure that your application is as strong as possible?
- What community activities have you participated in and how are they relevant to Dentistry?
- How much money do you think the average dentist makes?
- Do you think you could live on the amount the average dentist makes?
- What specific fields are you interested in within Dentistry?
- How does politics affect healthcare?
- Do you think your grades are good enough for Dentistry?
- Tell us about a time you overcame adversity and how that has prepared you for a career in Dentistry.
- How did you work to get the grades required for Dentistry?
- How does the President affect healthcare?
- Tell us about your sit-in experiences so far.
- Tell us about how and why you received your DAT score.
- What community service have you done?
- What problems are facing Dentistry?
- What do you plan on doing if you are not accepted here?
- How would you improve awareness of dental health?
- Tell us about yourself. How long have you been interested in Dentistry?
- If you are successful in your application here, and go on to complete the program, will you stay in Mississippi?
- Will you specialise?
- What will you contribute to the class here?
- What community service are you currently doing?
- Describe three qualities about yourself and how these play in you wanting to be a dentist.
- When you are retired what accomplishments do you hope to look back on?
- Use 5 adjectives to describe yourself and how they would make you a unique member of the dental class.
US Dental School Interview Questions
Dentistry Interview Questions & Example Answers
100+ Dentistry Interview Questions
Why Dentistry And Not Medicine: 10 Key Reasons
Dental School Interviews Manual Dexterity: The Complete Guide
30 Dentistry Manual Dexterity Interview Tasks
Dentistry Interviews Ethical Scenarios: Tips, Techniques & Examples
How To Prepare For A Dental School Interview
Online Dentistry Interviews - Common Pitfalls & How To Avoid Them
Dentistry MMI Interviews: The Complete Guide