University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill Dentistry Interview Questions
General Interview Information
The UNC provides the following information that is helpful to bear in mind when preparing for their interview.
The UNC proposes a framework based around the ‘Advocate Clinician Thinker.’ You should advocate for patients, be ready to provide clinical care at the top of the profession, and stay mentally agile so that you can think critically whilst providing care. You should be ready to leave dentistry as a better profession than when you entered it, and help in its transformation.
Past Interview Questions
Motivation and Insight into Dentistry
- What one thing about you should the admissions committee know?
- What specifically do you plan on doing to improve the oral health of your hometown?
- What made you interested in dentistry?
- What are some things you think will be a challenge for you as a dentist?
- Do you like to study in groups?
- You walk out into your waiting room in 10 years, what do you see?
- Can you tell me more about the relationship between art and dentistry?
- What are my thoughts on the deprivation of health care in parts of the US?
- What are the negative aspects of dentistry?
- Why should we accept you over someone with similar or better credentials?
- What part of dental school will be difficult for you?
- When was the light bulb moment for you to choose dentistry?
- What have you done to benefit society?
- Why UNC?
- What would you advise the President regarding the healthcare system?
- Pretend I know nothing about you, tell me about yourself and one thing I need to know about you.
- Tell me about yourself and how you chose to pursue dentistry.
- What qualities do you think a dentist should have?
- How did your shadowing experience influence your decision to pursue dentistry?
- How are you prepared to handle the didactic course load in dental school?
- What are your post-training practice goals?
- Do you have any shadowing experiences? Tell me about those.
- Would you ever consider practicing in a rural area?
- How much time do you spend studying and how much time do you spend not studying?
- What is your greatest failure?
- Describe a personal experience in adversity.
- Why dentistry?
- What are your thoughts on healthcare reform?
- Why UNC over your in state school?
- What community activities are you involved in?
- Tell me about your research experience.
- Do you know anything about healthcare policy in NC and if so, what are your thoughts on the issues?
- What do you do to strengthen your manual skills?
- Tell me about an ethical dilemma you might have faced.
- Tell me about a time where you showed compassion.
- What would you do if you did a root canal on the wrong tooth?
- Tell me a time when you were compassionate to someone or someone was compassionate to you.
- A man breaks into a pharmacy to steal medicine for his dying wife. How do you feel about this?
- What do you do when you don't get along with someone else?
US Dental School Interview Questions
Dentistry Interview Questions & Example Answers
100+ Dentistry Interview Questions
Why Dentistry And Not Medicine: 10 Key Reasons
Dental School Interviews Manual Dexterity: The Complete Guide
30 Dentistry Manual Dexterity Interview Tasks
Dentistry Interviews Ethical Scenarios: Tips, Techniques & Examples
How To Prepare For A Dental School Interview
Online Dentistry Interviews - Common Pitfalls & How To Avoid Them
Dentistry MMI Interviews: The Complete Guide