University of Pennsylvania Dentistry Interview Questions
Past Interview Questions
Motivation and Insight into Dentistry
- I see you have a lot of experience in another field. Why not stay there?
- You applied to medical school as well. Why dentistry?
- Tell me about your research.
- Why not medical school or phd?
- What do you want to do as a dentist with an honors in ____?
- Why dentistry?
- What was your most academically challenging course?
- Why do you volunteer?
- Tell us about your community service.
- Where do you see yourself in five years?
- You don't have many bio courses listed in your transcript, do you intend to take additional courses in biology?
- How will you manage your debt?
- Where do you see yourself in ten years?
- Why dentistry rather than medicine?
- Why dentistry rather than law?
- How do you think your work experience will prepare you for dentistry?
- What would you do if you didn't get into dental school?
- What was your favourite subject in high school?
- What class do you like the most?
- What do you see in the future of dentistry?
- Explain your research to me.
- Why study here?
- What is your take on oral bisphosphonate drugs and the development of osteonecrosis of the jaws?
- Why do you want to be a dentist?
- What motivated you to pursue a career in dentistry?
- Tell us about your favourite class.
- What other schools have you applied to?
- How will you deal with a tough schedule and coursework in dental school, and how will you manage the stress that is sure to be a part of studying dentistry?
- What do you want to do with your career in dentistry?
- Why the health field?
- Tell us about your research?
- How does art relate to dentistry?
- Dentistry is stressful. How will you deal with that stress?
- Would you do dentistry if it were not profitable?
- What does dentistry offer you?
- What is sleep dentistry?
- What other careers have you considered besides dentistry?
- How and why did you choose your undergrad course and college?
- Why is research important & necessary?
- What do you like about dentistry?
- What was your epiphany that led to you wanting to study dentistry?
- What did you learn shadowing Dr ____?
- Tell me about your experience in dentistry.
- Why did you research the topic that you did?
- Do you have any family members in dentistry?
- Would you like to specialize?
- What is the least appealing part of dentistry?
- What role will music play in your dental career?
- Rank your readiness to join this program on a scale of 1-10 and tell us why.
- What is the difference between medicine and dentistry?
- If you had a class II amalgam patient how well are you prepared for that?
- How will you continue the research that you have been conducting?
- Why do you think that suicide rates for dentists are so high?
- What are your favourite and least favourite specialties in dentistry?
- What do you look for in a dental school? And what do you not like about some dental schools?
- Tell us about the musical instrument that you play.
- So, you play guitar?
- What do you do with your hands?
- What hobbies have you got that show your manual dexterity?
- If there was someone in your practice that was causing problems with patients and other staff members, how would you react?
- Describe an ethical situation that you have encountered.
- Say you own a private practice and you have an employee who has a bad attitude and isn't working hard - what would you do with this employee?
US Dental School Interview Questions
Dentistry Interview Questions & Example Answers
100+ Dentistry Interview Questions
Why Dentistry And Not Medicine: 10 Key Reasons
Dental School Interviews Manual Dexterity: The Complete Guide
30 Dentistry Manual Dexterity Interview Tasks
Dentistry Interviews Ethical Scenarios: Tips, Techniques & Examples
How To Prepare For A Dental School Interview
Online Dentistry Interviews - Common Pitfalls & How To Avoid Them
Dentistry MMI Interviews: The Complete Guide