University of Texas Health Science Center-San Antonio Dentistry Interview Questions
General Interview Information
The school will look at your DAT breakdown, with particular emphasis on your Biology, Inorganic and Organic Chemistry scores. They will then check your course loads, college attended and timeframe of study, before looking into further academic background. Your work experience as well as personal accomplishment and community involvement is of importance, as is your evidence of commitment to dentistry.
Past Interview Questions
Motivation and Insight into Dentistry
- If you like helping people, why not just be a social worker?
- How do you handle stress?
- What is your weak point?
- What is your best trait?
- What is one thing that surprised you when you were shadowing?
- What kind of books do you read?
- Do you think you have what it takes to succeed in your dental education?
- What are the qualities necessary to be a good dentist?
- What differences do you find in dental practice in your home country and here?
- What do you want to do with your DDS license?
- Can you explain the leadership positions you listed?
- Why did you choose your undergrad?
- Why San Antonio?
- What do you bring to the field of dentistry?
- What are some extracurriculars you've done?
- Tell me about your work experience and why have you worked for so many dentists.
- Describe one of your strengths.
- What is the most significant thing that has impacted your life?
- Tell me about yourself.
- What do you know about current events in dentistry?
- How will you handle the high volume of study materials and stress in dental school?
- How might health reforms affect dentists?
- Why do you want to be a dentist?
- Tell me about your volunteer experiences.
- What are some of the current issues facing dentistry?
- What do you know about access to care in the US?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- Do you have plans to specialize?
- What are your opinions about the Affordable Health Care Act's impact on dental care?
- What do you know about UTHSCSA?
- How did you prepare for the interview?
- What shadowing experience do you have?
- What area of dentistry do you want to specialize in?
- Why dentistry other than medical or pharmacy school?
- Tell me about your academic background and explain the gaps in your education.
- Tell me about an ethical problem that you ran into and how it was handled.
- How do you handle conflict?
US Dental School Interview Questions
Dentistry Interview Questions & Example Answers
100+ Dentistry Interview Questions
Why Dentistry And Not Medicine: 10 Key Reasons
Dental School Interviews Manual Dexterity: The Complete Guide
30 Dentistry Manual Dexterity Interview Tasks
Dentistry Interviews Ethical Scenarios: Tips, Techniques & Examples
How To Prepare For A Dental School Interview
Online Dentistry Interviews - Common Pitfalls & How To Avoid Them
Dentistry MMI Interviews: The Complete Guide