West Virginia University Robert C. Byrd Health Sciences Center Dentistry Interview Questions
General Interview Information
Applicants who are invited to interview will take part in a group introduction and a guided tour of the School, before meeting with dental students, participating in an interactive questions/answer session, and having a personal interview with two or more admissions committee members. There is also a writing exercise as part of the interview schedule. The admissions committee will consider your interview performance, DAT score, academic achievement, recommendations, overall communication skills, shadowing, manual dexterity, research, and career, life and volunteering experiences.
Past Interview Questions
Motivation and Insight into Dentistry
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- What do you think is a challenge that dentists face?
- Do you know how hard it is to get into WVU from out of state?
- Explain this score on your DAT.
- Why are your DAT scores so high and GPA not so high?
- Why do you want to be a dentist?
- Why are you here?
- Why would you want to spend 4 years studying all day every day?
- What happens if you get a B in dental school?
- If you happen to not get in this year, what are your plans?
- What 3 things about dentistry are attractive to you?
- What are two of your faults?
- Why dentistry?
- Tell us about how you are involved in community service.
- Why did you apply only to WVU?
- How can you do more for patients as a dentist as opposed to a dental hygienist?
- Tell us about yourself and why you want to be a dentist.
- Can you talk about your shadowing experience?
- Did you apply anywhere else? What is your status at the other schools?
- How did you come to choose dentistry as a career path?
- Talk about volunteering.
- Why WVU and not your in-state school?
- What do you want us to go back to the committee and tell them about you?
- If rejected to all dentistry schools that you applied to, what's your back-up plan?
- What was your hardest class and why?
- How do you feel your bacterial research will help you relate to the field of dentistry?
- Who do you know that goes to this dental school?
- How are you doing in the classes that you are currently taking?
- Will you stay in WV to practice?
- If accepted to all dentistry schools you applied to, what are you looking for in a dentistry school?
- What manual dexterity skills do you have?
- Elaborate on your manual dexterity skills.
- What activities do you do for manual dexterity?
- What types of things do you do that help with your manual dexterity?
- Can we see your hands?
US Dental School Interview Questions
Dentistry Interview Questions & Example Answers
100+ Dentistry Interview Questions
Why Dentistry And Not Medicine: 10 Key Reasons
Dental School Interviews Manual Dexterity: The Complete Guide
30 Dentistry Manual Dexterity Interview Tasks
Dentistry Interviews Ethical Scenarios: Tips, Techniques & Examples
How To Prepare For A Dental School Interview
Online Dentistry Interviews - Common Pitfalls & How To Avoid Them
Dentistry MMI Interviews: The Complete Guide